Tuesday, February 16, 2010

World Vision & Casting Crowns

I CAN'T WAIT.

Kelly and I are volunteering on Friday for World Vision.  They are an organization through which you can sponsor children but that's not all.  Here is a bit from their website:

*****
Who we are: World Vision is a Christian humanitarian charity organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.

Who we serve: We serve close to 100 million people in nearly 100 countries around the world. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.


Why we serve: Motivated by our faith in Jesus Christ, we serve alongside the poor and oppressed as a demonstration of God’s unconditional love for all people.

*****

We will be talking to concert goers about the organization and encouraging new sponsorships.  I have done this once before.  I sponsor a child named Kamohelo from South Africa.

This time we will be at the Casting Crowns concert.  They are my favorite Christian band.  Here is my favorite song of theirs.  I really think that this is our lives: "a vapor in the wind."

Please listen to some more of their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment