Friday, June 28, 2013

My Summer of Finishing Things

I have decided that this is going to be 
my summer to finish things.  


What have I finished so far?  Let's start with these fun place mats inspired by Maureen Hensel Cracknell at Maureen Cracknell Handmade.  She is an AMAZING quilter who happens to be my mom's best friend's brother's daughter.  Seriously!  I know that sounds made up but it's TOTALLY true.  My mom grew up in a town in western PA of about 450 people.  Her neighbor was her best friend.  They both ended up in Rochester (Mom because of Dad, and her friend because of our great hospitals) so they are still best friends.  Anyhow, Maureen made these dish towels (click link above) as part of a sew along based on The book Patchwork Please! by Ayumi Takahashi!  I have too many dish towels so I decided to make place mats instead.




Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner were obvious, but we have 4 people in our house so I had to make a 4th.  Dessert seemed appropriate because my daughter is for ever asking what's for dessert.


Then I really got going.  I thought why not?



 "What about...
?
 Luncheon?
"Dinner? 
"Supper? 
" He knows about them, doesn't he?"
"I wouldn't count on it, Pip."

I know about them and I had great fun making extra place mats for at least some them.


Thanks again to Maureen and Ayumi.  
You can follow and sew along with them at LRstitched and A Quilter's Table.

1 comment: