Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Pallet Bird House - Completed

Well, It's about time!  Right?  I decided to paint my "Martin House" with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (R) in Old White.  With Annie's paint there is no need to wax or seal it for outside.  One less step!  I set it on a side table painted in Provence (also Annie Sloan).  I added a thin trim along the top edges of the table so that I could pour bird seed around the house itself. 


  I hung a black metal wall sconce with 3 little off-white pots on it from a hook that was inexplicably grown into the tree already.  I hope to plant ivy in the pots that will hang down over the bird house
in the spring.


I placed one of Grandma's painted birdhouses amidst some newly planted ferns and hosta.  When you transplant ferns they often look very dead for the rest of that season.  Don't worry.  They should reimerge in the spring wholeheartedly.


 I have not noticed any birds living in the house yet but several have enjoyed the buffet including chickadee, tufted titmouse, junco, blue jay, robin, cardinal, and chipping sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment