Monday, November 3, 2014

Autumn Quilt for Kelly

Here is another quilt I started years ago.  I found the pattern in a magazine (probably at Grandma's), cut it out, and saved it.  Actually, I only have the pattern part.  I don't even have the page with the actual picture of the quilt.  I knew it had been beautiful bright fall colors.


More than once Kelly had mentioned a quilt that an old friend of his had done in jewel tones that he had really liked.  I knew this was going to be his quilt right then.  I had all the pieces cut out already.  I even had the edges of the leaves turned under.  All I had to do was sew.  And sew I did.    It came together in one day.  ONE DAY!  


This is Powers Farm Market in Fairport, NY. 
We have been going here for as long as I can remember. 
So, how many corn stalks does it take to cover the teepees? 
"126,472 corn stalks to cover the tee-pees & over 5 miles of bailing twine to attach them!" 
The frames stay up all year long.
Over 1200 pumpkins are carved throughout the season to fill the teepees.



I am so glad it is autumn here so that I could get these photos. 
Thanks for your help Mom and Powers Farm Market!


No comments:

Post a Comment