Monday, November 10, 2014

Sakura Falling Reveal



I have shown you a few pictures of this quilt over time.  I started this probably 10-15 years ago.  I started with the Japanese family symbol blocks.  These are all done by machine applique with clear thread.  I did these on one of my many visits to Grandma's house.


Next, about 5-10 years ago, I did the paper pieced kimono blocks.  
I had been holding on to the pattern for quite a while.  


 The mosaic blocks I did within the last few years.  
I liked the white strips between the asian fabrics.


 We have been using my Grandma's Cardinal in the Pines quilt which is mostly white.  I knew I wanted this quilt to have a mostly white background.  I did the last set of blocks as crazy blocks with only a few pieces of the Asian fabrics.


I bordered the whole with a white sparkly (clearance) fabric with a speckling of colorful bits.  
I call it Sakura Falling because it always makes me think of the cherry blossoms (Sakura) in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment